[R] Inquiry

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Fri Mar 30 17:25:34 CEST 2007

My interpretation of the question (which of course may be
wrong) has an answer that is the opposite of 'round':

When a result is printed, it is rounded to a certain number of
digits (controlled by the 'digits' argument of 'print').  Just because
it is printed like that, doesn't mean the actual value is rounded.
Values are kept with as much precision as possible.  For double
precision data, there are roughly 15 decimal places available.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com