[R] the Surv function

Christos Hatzis christos at nuverabio.com
Wed May 2 05:42:24 CEST 2007

Try using the following (without naming the arguments) - it should work.

Surv(fup, status)

I think what is happening is that if you use one or two arguments (unnamed),
Surv assumes that you have right-censored data, with the first argument
being time and the second being status.  By specifying 'event' as you did,
Surv assumes that you have 3 arguments of "type"=counting and it is looking
for the ending time required by the counting data format and this is why you
got the error.

If you are not afraid of R code, type Surv (without the parentheses) to see
the code behind the function.

-Christos

Christos Hatzis, Ph.D.
Nuvera Biosciences, Inc.