[R] ? R 2.5.0 alpha bug

Inman, Brant A. M.D. Inman.Brant at mayo.edu
Wed May 2 06:07:34 CEST 2007

This email is intended to highlight 2 problems that I encountered
running R 2.5.0 alpha on a Windows XP machine.

#1 - Open script error

If I click the "Open folder" icon on the toolbar, R opens my script
files perfectly.  However, when I select "File > Open Script >
MyFileLocation", I get a fatal error that causes R to close immediately.
This error was reproduced on 3 consecutive occasions but has been
intermittent thereafter. One of these fatal errors resulted in a typical
error reporting box being generated which I sent off.  I was not able to
verify if this error has been reported and corrected in subsequent
versions of 2.5.

#2 - Bug reporting link on CRAN website broken

I tried to report the bug listed above on the CRAN website but when I
clicked on the bug reporting link on the left-hand side panel of the
main site (http://bugs.r-project.org/cgi-bin/R) , I get an error page
with the following message:

The system encountered a fatal error
cannot open config file /home/sfe/r-bugs/jitterbug/R : No such file or
directory
The last error code was: No such file or directory
uid/gid=30/8

This has been submitted to r-devel.

Brant Inman