[R] Log-likelihood function

Doxastic connect.chris at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:30:35 CEST 2007

Thanks.  I used this and it gave me the same result as the "logLik" function.
The reason I ask is the SAS output gives me a loglik = 1089.  R gives me
-298.09583.  Both for my reduced model.  For the saturated (or complex)
model, SAS gives me an loglik = 1143.  R gives me -298.1993.  The problem is
these give two very different pictures about whether I can drop the
interaction.  However, I think the residual deviance in the R output is
equal to G^2.  So, I can just take the difference between those two.  If I
do this, I get a difference with an interpretation similar to that of what
comes from SAS.  So I think I'll just go with that.  But who knows if I'm
right (not me)?

Thanks!