[R] How to install previous packages after upgrading to R 2.5.0?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed May 2 23:39:15 CEST 2007

On 02/05/2007 5:12 PM, Jeffrey Wood wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have just upgraded from R-2.4.1 to R-2.5.0 for Windows.
>
> I had installed a large number of add-on packages under 2.4.1. Is there an easy way to install (or load, if that's the easier way) those packages under 2.5.0, without having to install each package by hand?

I'm not sure if this counts as installing "by hand", but (assuming you
have a network connection) you can use the menu system to see the list
of CRAN packages, and install the ones you want from there.  If you have
some of your own non-CRAN packages, "Install package from local .zip
file" allows multiple files to be selected and installed.

The only combination that's not so easy is installing from source
.tar.gz files, but a shell command to loop over *.tar.gz could probably
be written.

Duncan Murdoch