[R] R package development in windows

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Thu May 3 21:04:57 CEST 2007

Thanks Gabor, Sundar, and Tony. Indeed, Rtools was missing from the
path. With that resolved, and another 10 minute windows restart, I get
the following below. The log suggests that hhc is not installed. It is,
and, according to the directions I am following, I have placed it in the
c:\cygwin directory.

BTW, package.skeleton() doesn't seem to create the correct DESCRIPTION
template. I had to add the DEPENDS line. Without this, I get another
error.

C:\Program Files\R\R-2.4.1\bin>Rcmd build --force --binary g:\foo
* checking for file 'g:\foo/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'g:\foo':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* removing junk files
* checking for LF line-endings in source files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
* building binary distribution
 WARNING
* some HTML links may not be found
installing R.css in c:/TEMP/Rinst40061099

Using auto-selected zip options ''
latex: not found
latex: not found
latex: not found