[R] [SPAM] - Re: R package development in windows - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu May 3 21:50:35 CEST 2007

On 5/3/2007 3:33 PM, Doran, Harold wrote:
> Thanks, Duncan. I'll look into that. Is there an authoritative document
> that codifies the new package development procedures for 2.5.0
> (windows-specific), or is that Writing R Extensions? In this thread
> alone I've received multiple emails pointing to multiple web sites with
> instructions for windows. Inasmuch as its appreciated, I'm a bit
> confused as to which I should consider authoritative.
>
> I do hope I can resolve this and appreciate the help I've received.
> However, I feel a bit compelled to note how very difficult this process
> is.

The manuals are the authoritative reference.  Writing R Extensions tells
you what to do to set up a package.  The R Administration and
Installation manual tells you how to set up your system so those
instructions will work.  On Windows, you want to pay particular
attention to the appendix of the Admin manual called "The Windows
Toolset". This is Appendix E in the distributed .pdf; an HTML version is
available here:

  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#The-Windows-toolset

We realize that these instructions are not easy to follow, there's no
need to tell us that.  However, specific corrections or improvements
would be welcome.

Duncan Murdoch