[R] Response as matrix in MCMClogit?

francogrex francogrex at mail.com
Sat May 5 16:01:34 CEST 2007

I hope some of the authors of the package MCMCpack read this.
I don't know if there is a way to set the response in the model formula of
MCMClogit other than a (numeric) response vector. I think the MCMClogit in
the MCMCpack needs some development so that the response in the formula
could be set as a two-column matrix with the columns giving the numbers of
successes and failures (just as in glm) or at least to be able to set the
weights also when using the response vector.
The advantage would be when analysing large datasets (over 1 million rows)
to have it summarized and entered as a matrix because otherwise it takes a
huge amount of memory space and crashes the program (if trying to expand the
matrix into a response vector to have it in the formula.
After all, the bayesian logistic regression is especially useful in large
datasets. Is there a way to do that? Thanks