[R] Bad optimization solution

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 10:33:15 CEST 2007

It seems that there is here a problem of reliability, as one never
knows whether the solution provided by R is correct or not. In the
case that I reported, it is fairly simple to see that the solution
provided by R (without any warning!) is incorrect, but, in general,
that is not so simple and one may take a wrong solution as a correct
one.

Paul