[R] Newbie's question

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Sun May 13 15:09:48 CEST 2007

Sure, R can do anything. The first trick, though, is to learn
how to write clear-enough questions to the mailing list
that you get helpful answers back. A worked example of
what you want would be very useful, since I have no idea
what the index is, or what field2 is, or what kind of graph
you want. OS would also be helpful, since the example
I'm giving only works as written on linux.

Still, one approach

allfiles <- system("ls *.csv", intern=TRUE) # linux only
allfield2 <- numeric(length(allfiles))
for(i in 1:length(allfiles)) {
   allfield2 <- read.table(allfiles[i])$field2
  # need read.table options, and correct way to get field2
}

hist(allfield2); sd(allfield2)

Sarah

--