[R] Installing SJava - problem

mister_bluesman mister_bluesman at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 16:35:34 CEST 2007

Hi there.

I am trying to install SJava on my windows xp machine.

I downloaded the windows source file SJava_0.69-0.tar.gz from the web site
http://www.omegahat.org/RSJava/

I have folloed the XP command line instructions as directed in the table
underneath the download link:

cd $RHOME/src/library
unzip SJava_0.69-0.zip
cd SJava
./configure.win $RHOME
cd $RHOME/src/gnuwin32
make pkg-SJava

I reconfigured the configure.win file so that the correct java sdk was
referred to. Not a problem.

However, when I try to type in   make pkg-SJava   i get the following error:

C:\Program Files\R\R-2.5.0\src\gnuwin32>make pkg-SJava
'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What do I need to do to rectify this?

Thanks