[R] read.table opening a website incl Password

Bos, Roger roger.bos at us.rothschild.com
Wed May 16 19:32:12 CEST 2007

Chuck, Roland is trying to read from a web site instead of a ftp site.

I have also gotten this to work:
read.table("ftp://myusr:mypswd@mysite.org/mydir/test.dat")
But when I try to do the same thing from the SEC's ftp site I get an
error, so beyond R, there may be some internet settings that need to be
fiddled with.  Maybe I can tag onto Roland's question and ask for hints
on what configuration options are available?

Thanks,

Roger