[R] How to repress the annoying complains from X window system

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Fri May 18 17:51:29 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 11:25 -0400, Hao Liu wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I am running some GUI functions in linux environment, they runs fine,
> however I constantly get this kind of message in R console:
>
> Warning: X11 protocol error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>
> Is there a way to repress it? Or am I doing something wrong here.. it
> does not interfere with the running of fucntion though.
>
> Thanks
> Hao

Upgrade your version of R.

You have not provided sufficient details, but if I had to guess, you are
either running RCmdr or using other tcl/tk based widgets.

If correct, the error message that you are seeing was fixed back in R
2.4.0:

o	The X11() device no longer produces (apparently spurious)
	'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)' warnings when run from
	Rcmdr.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz