[R] Running an R script without running R

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Mon May 21 13:21:08 CEST 2007

Thomas Adams wrote:

> Below I have two scripts:
>
> (1) cpc2fgroup
> (2) R.cpc.6_10day.outlook.batch
>
> Bash shell script (1) calls the R script (2).

It works with R CMD BATH r-script

I know how to do this (I do it inside make...)

I guess I did not make myself clear.

I want to write some GUI applications that will not be used by
me (think of the target user as people with the knowledge of
a 7-year-old kid). I want this application to have one icon in
the Desktop, and it will be launched just by clicking in the icon.

In some other message, I read that Rscript might be what I need - but
I have to test it.

Alberto Monteiro (who does not have any special affinity with
the letter "I", despite this message)