[R] quantreg and sparseM will not load

S.Hodgkinson at brighton.ac.uk S.Hodgkinson at brighton.ac.uk
Mon May 21 20:22:21 CEST 2007

I have recently started using R and want to use the quantreg (and
sparseM) packages.

I downloaded the .tar files for each, and placed the subsequent
folders into the library folder in the frameworks/R.framework/
resources/library folder with all the other packages.

When I try to load either package from the package manager window I get:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Versions/2.4/Resources/library/SparseM/libs/i386/SparseM.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/
library/SparseM/libs/i386/SparseM.so, 6): Library not loaded: /
Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/lib/libgfortran.
2.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/
Resources/library/SparseM/libs/i386/SparseM.so
   Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package 'quantreg' was built under R version 2.5.0
2: package 'SparseM' was built under R version 2.5.0

any ideas?  I assumed at first that sparseM was required for quantreg
but neither will load.

Regards

Steve Hodgkinson