[R] lattice contourplot error

Mihai Bisca mbisca at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:14:59 CEST 2007

On 5/21/07, Deepayan Sarkar <deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I get the following error message: Error in validDetails.text(x) :
> > Invalid 'rot' value

> This depends on the data (and I haven't been able to reproduce it),
> but I'm pretty sure the culprit is the calculation of the rotation for
> the contour labels. You can probably work around it by changing
> 'label.style' (see ?panel.contourplot). I can try to fix it if you
> give me a reproducible example (e.g. save() your matrix and send it to
> me offline).

Thank you for your interest. I'm new to R, but pretty enthusiastic
about it. You can find attached the matrix in question. It's a
representation of an optic disc from a retinal photograph.

I noticed that the error occurs only when using the option 'pretty=T'.
Also, it happens in two of about seven or eight similar objects I
played with.

--
Mihai.