[R] an array of matrices

Scott Hyde hydes at byuh.edu
Tue May 22 05:24:45 CEST 2007

Thanks for the replies Jim and Petr!

I decided to do it a slightly different way. Using Jim's method, the matrices needed to be created before the array, whereas I needed the array to be allocated first, and then filled.  Here's how I did it:

This command creates a blank array of lists

> y=array(list(),c(i,j,k))

Then each item can be accessed (and assigned) using

> y[[i,j,k]]

For example:

> for (i in 1:2)
+   for (j in 1:2)