[R] Manipulating the sizes of multiple screens

Judith Flores juryef at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 01:24:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

     I used split.screen command to creaye 5 screens,
4 screens contain a plot each, the fifth screen is
designated to a legend. I am having difficulties
setting the dimensions of the screens in a way that
would allow me to have the screen dedicated to the
legend smaller. I end up with a very awkward aspect at
the end: 4 small plots with a big space for the
legend. The gend needs to be at the top of the 4
graphs, it's common legend for the 4 graphs. I have
tried manipulating the margins of each individual
screen, but couldn't obtain the desired aspect.

Thank you very much in advance for you help.

Best Regards,