[R] MDScale from within Java using Rserve?

mister_bluesman mister_bluesman at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 15:50:11 CEST 2007

Hi there.

I am able to create a multidimensional scaling algorithm in R using the
following code:

places<-read.table("C:\\Project\\R\\places.txt")
places.location <- cmdscale(places, k=2)
round(places.location,0)
plot(places.location,type="n", xlab="", ylab="",main ="cmdscale(places)")

What I would like to know is how I can do this by calling R from within a
java application, using Rserve which I have set up and tested on my windows
machine. I am able to do the examples given at
http://rosuda.org/Rserve/example.shtml but I can't seem to be able to find
an example of the above anywhere. Does anyone know that java lines I would
need to do this?

Many thanks