[R] Calculation of ratio distribution properties

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at DAL.CA
Thu May 24 20:08:09 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Looking to calculate the expected mean and variance of a ratio
distribution where the source distributions are gaussian with known
parameters and sample values are correlated. I see (from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Ratio_distribution#Gaussian_ratio_distribution) that this calculation
is quite involved, so I'm hoping that someone has already coded a
function to achieve this.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Lawrence
Graduate Student, Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University

Website: http://myweb.dal.ca/mc973993
Public calendar: http://icalx.com/public/informavore/Public

"The road to wisdom? Well, it's plain and simple to express:
Err and err and err again, but less and less and less."
	- Piet Hein