[R] Cochran-Armitage

mailbox@fontaine.net delphine at fontaine.net
Fri May 25 14:19:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have to calculate a Cochran-Armitage test on data. I don't know much
on this test and then, I have few questions on the independence_test
function. I have read the help and search the archives but this doesn't
help me...

- They are two ways: either with a formula (independence_test(tumor ~
dose, data = lungtumor, teststat = "quad")) or with a table
(independence_test(table(lungtumor$dose, lungtumor$tumor), teststat =
"quad")).
Why this difference ? The two ways do not give the same results... Why
?

- In the teststat option, what is the difference between "quad", "max"
and "scalar" ? What is used generaly ?

- Why choosing approximate or asymptotic distribution if an exact test
can be calculate ?

For a classical Cochran Armitage test (nothing special was specified
so I guess I have to do the most classical Cochran Armitage test),
which options should I use ?

Thanks for your help.

Delphine Fontaine