[R] Interactive plots?

mister_bluesman mister_bluesman at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 14:45:29 CEST 2007

Hi Tony.

I've downloaded the RSVGTipsDevice library and copied some of the examples
in the pdf and I dont seem to be able to get any tooltips appear when I
hover over the objects.

For example, I used the following example:

> devSVGTips("C:\\svgplot2.svg", toolTipMode=2, title="SVG example plot 2:
> shapes and points, tooltips are title + 2 lines")
> getSVGToolTipMode()
> setSVGShapeToolTip(title="First circle title only")
> plot(1:3, cex=10, main="Example SVG plot with title + 2 line tips
> (mode=2)")
> setSVGShapeToolTip(title="A rectangle", desc="with a 1 line tip")
> rect(1,1,2,2)
> setSVGShapeToolTip(title="second circle", desc1="first line of
> description", desc2="second line")
> points(1.5,2.5,cex=20,pch=19,col='red')
> dev.off()

This produces a file with the path C:\svgplot2.svg. THis is shown below:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p10816061/demo.jpg

When I open it in Firefox in XP, however, none of the tooltips appear when I
hover over the object. What do I need to solve this problem?

Thanks