[R] Rpad examples having problems with local server

Charlie Chi tsang0323 at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 05:37:48 CEST 2007

Hi, this is Charlie. I have installed the Rpad on my server (using Fedora
Core 6 with httpd2.24-2, mod_perl 2.0.2-6.1, perl 5.8.8 from RPM). When I
access to the Rpad (through http://localhost/Rpad/basehtml), it shows me
the main page as normal, however, problems occurs when I am testing the
examples. It shows me a long message like:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#!c:/apps/perl/bin/perl.exe

#The following line is a test script to see if it works.
#httpd://localhost/Rpad/server/R_process.pl?&ID=ddNTlmHSvWZF&command=R_commands&commands=print("hello')

use Statistics::Rpad;
use strict;
use CGI qw/:standard send_http_header/;
use Cwd;
.
.
and so on
Does it mean that perl is not found in my machine? I have checked my perl
in path/usr/bin/perl and it is there.
Moreover, when I was installing Statistics-R_perl_interface, it shows me
(Can't locat object method "startRShared" via Statistics::Rpad" at test.pl
line 21) but I still keep making install. Therefore, I am wondering if I
successfully installed
Rpad on my server or not. Thank you for helping me.

Regards

Charlie