[R] matrix in data.frame

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed May 30 12:15:51 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Lina
Hultin-Rosenberg
Sent: 30 May 2007 10:26
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] matrix in data.frame

Dear list!

I have run into a problem that seems very simple but I can't find any
solution to it (have searched the internet, help-files and "An
introduction
to R" etc without any luck). The problem is the following: I would like
create a data.frame with two components (columns), the first component
being
a matrix and the second component a vector. Whatever I have tried so
far, I
end up with a data.frame containing all the columns from the matrix plus
the
vector which is not what I am after. I have seen this kind of data.frame
among R example datasets (oliveoil and yarn).

I would greatly appreciate some help with this problem!

Kind regards,

Lina Hultin Rosenberg
Karolinska Biomics Center
Karolinska Institute