[R] http proxies: setting and unsetting

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:22:06 CEST 2007

There is also a free program setenv.exe which is more powerful than setx.exe.
You mentioned that deleting http_proxy from your environment through the OS
would fix your problem.  setenv.exe can both set and delete environment
variables and you can specify user, system, etc.  See description and link here:
http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=4928