[R] Many warnings in the newest R ...

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.ns.ac.yu
Thu May 31 09:17:07 CEST 2007

Hello!
I am using R 2.5.0 under Ubuntu 6.06, and I am not an expert. Recently,
I think from the latest update some warning messages started to appear,
when I use my old data-file and R-histories (hence, everything was done
before and worked perfectly well). It seems to me that those are related
to the Design package, but I am not sure.
One is coming out after:
> d = datadist(a,b,c)
Warning message:
$ operator is deprecated for atomic vectors, returning NULL in:
X[[1]]$terms

And the other after using ols() or lrm() etc.:
Warning messages:
1: use of storage.mode(x) <- "single" is deprecated: use mode<- instead

(this one is repeating: 2, 3, 4 times)

What I do wrong? Could you help me? I realized that there were some
important changes in the newest realises, and that some of them are,
probably, related to the above warnings, but still I would like to have
an explanation and an advice how to fix if something is wrong.

Thanks in advance,
PM