[R] R keeps crashing when executing 'rlogspline'

Jacques Wagnor jacques.wagnor at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:13:17 CEST 2007

Dear List,

I have a simple model as follows:

x <- rnorm(500)
library(logspline)
fit <- logspline(x)
n <- 1000000
y <- replicate(n, sum(rlogspline(rpois(1,10), fit))) # last line

The problem I keep getting is R crashes when doing the last line.  It
seems to be fine if n is small, but not if n is 1000000.  The message
I keep getting is:

"R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem and needs to
close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  If you were in the middle
of something, the information you were working on might be lost."

Any insights would be appreciated,

Jacques

platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          5.0
year           2007
month          04
day            23
svn rev        41293
language       R
version.string R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)