[R] seg fault with randomForest ( ... , xtest )

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Nov 1 15:16:32 CET 2007

Hi Clayton,

Using formula like that, IMHO, is a genuinely bad idea.  You subset Y on
the LHS of the formula, but what about the RHS?  Also, I've never tried
to use xtest via the formula interface, and that is never the intended
usage.  I'll look into more checking in the code to prevent such
"abuse". 8-)

Best,
Andy

From: clayton.springer at novartis.com