[R] textplot() in gplots causes problems (0x9)

Jonas Malmros jonas.malmros at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:18:51 CET 2007

Dear Gregory,

How can I avoid using tab character when all I want to do is to print
a model summary on my pdf device using textplot()?
How do I set the font size? If you mean using cex inside textplot,
then it does not work. Whether cex is 1 or 0.2 I get the same result,
exemplified here:

Call:
lm(formula =...)
Resuduals:

Coefficients  Estimate
(intercept)    1.32
...                ...
...                ...

                  Std.Error   t-value
(Intercept)    0.2           0.1
...                ...            ...
...                ...            ...

                  Pr(>|t|)
(intercept)     0.01
...                ...
...                ...

−−−
Signif. codes: 0 '***' 0.001 '**' 0.01 '*' 0.05 '.' 0.1 ' ' 1
Residual standard error: 1.748...

Is there no solution to this problem?
I am using Vista, R2.6.0 patched, RWinEdt.

textplot(capture.output(summary(.model)), valign="top", halign="left", cex=0.5)

Thanks in advance,
Jonas

Jonas Malmros
Stockholm University