[R] correct wording and notation for R stuff in LaTex

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Nov 2 11:51:04 CET 2007

Edna Bell wrote:
> Hi R Gurus:
>
> I'm putting together an article about some R stuff in Latex.
>
> I refer to packages and functions.
>
> I think that I use {\em} for packages and {\tt} for functions.
>
> Is that correct, please?

I think that decision depends on the editorial policies of whoever
publishes the article.   That's not the style used in the R man pages,
though:  they use the "Rd.sty" style which displays \pkg{foo} in bold.
Functions are entered as \code{function} which displays using \texttt
(which is the same as \tt).

Duncan Murdoch