[R] structure vs. matrix

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 13:43:44 CET 2007

Hi Edna,

>> When creating a matrix, is it better to use the structure function or the
>> matrix function...?

I hope you have a huge (empty) jar in the kitchen, and that your pantry is
empty.

R isn't too difficult, except if you're trying to do stats (and don't know
what you are doing --- though I am not suggesting that you don't know how to
do stats;).

## see
?structure
?matrix

A structure is not a matrix.  So, if you want to make a matrix, use
matrix().  Easy.

HTH,
Mark.