[R] Problems with garch() function tseries package R 2.6.0

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 4 16:07:50 CET 2007

Hmm, did you forget to tell us the minimal information required by the
posting guide?  And what did the package maintainer say?

A guess: you are using Windows and doing this in Rgui.  I believe
'tseries' does Fortran I/O, and this is a symptom we have seen before.
The workaround is to use Rterm, not Rgui.

Some (maybe all) packages that attempt to do Fortran output in Rgui 2.6.0
will loop indefinitely waiting for stdout which does not exist on a
console.