[R] hierarchical mixed model

Sandrine-et-Francois francoisetsandrine.mercier at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 5 22:12:37 CET 2007

Dear Irene,
May be I misunderstand your problem, but are you not describing here a
classical hierarchical model ?
Do you know the book recently published, entitled 'Data Analysis Using
Regression and Multilevel/Hierarchical Models', written by Gelman and Hill ?
I think the section 12 can provide an answer to your question.
Best regards
François