[R] help needed: taking a function out of a package and it can not find some funtions

Jason Liao jg_liao at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 20:08:44 CET 2007

 I tried to modify the R function bw.SJ (from the stats package) for my own use. But if I just get the source code and run directly (without any modification), it can no longer find some key functions called within it. I understand this has something to do with searching path which I do not understand well. Can anyone tell me how to modify the source code of an R function and still make it part of an existing package?

Thanks.

Jason Liao, http://www.geocities.com/jg_liao
Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Drexel University School of Public Health
245 N. 15th Street, Mail Stop 660
Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192
phone 215-762-3934