[R] PVM error message

Lenzo, Antonino alenzo at UR.Rochester.edu
Wed Nov 7 19:49:34 CET 2007

Hello R enthusiasts,

I am working with a Fedora Core 6 OS and R 2.5.  I have just finished
has been loaded in R.  However, when I try to load my test program, I
receive this error:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) ;
	unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib/R/library/rpvm/libs/rpvm.so':
  /usr/local/lib/R/library/rpvm/libs/rpvm.so: cannot restore segment
prot after relocL Permission denied
Error in makePVMcluster(spec, ...) : the 'rpvm' package is needed for
PVM clusters.

I need to mention that this is a known working program.  This sort of
error happens whether I am logged into root or not, so I don't think it
is a permissions issue.

I am using PVM3.4.5+6-WIN32.tar.gz

Has anyone seen this error message before?  Any insight?

Thanks everyone!
A Lenzo