[R] centile reference chart / clildren growth chart - what package/method to use

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 8 17:44:56 CET 2007

The lmsqreg package is by Vince Carey and is available from his
website.  There is an independent package with fortran routines from
Tim Cole.
Both packages implement the LMS method of Cole and Green.  You might
also
want to consider alternative methods:  an approach based on
nonparametric
quantile regression is described in:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=16143984&dopt=AbstractPlus

Some comparison with the LMS method are reported there.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820