[R] Implementing R through Oracle

jah jim.houk at thestructuregroup.com
Thu Nov 8 17:55:34 CET 2007

Thanks for all your advice and I have spent considerable time looking at all
the options. I have good new and bad news. Bad news I won't be implmenting R
on our server. Good news I can keep all the business logic in the database
where it belongs. What I will be doing is taking the data set and turning it
into an matrix and then apply the Gauss-Jordan Elimination process to derive
the coefficients of the polynomial. Oracle released in the 10g database a
package (UTL_NLA.LAPACK_GTSV) that solves the matrix and returns the
coefficients. At this point this is all we need to solve. Possible in the
future where our needs expand I can revist implementing R.