[R] perl module for R

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 8 22:48:19 CET 2007

stephenc at ics.mq.edu.au wrote:
> This looks a bit like it only works for unix and maybe linux.  is that
> right?  I'm using windows so if it is right I'll need another solution.

The latest version of the RSPerl code allows one to embed Perl within R
on Windows.

Given that I don't use Perl to call R very often and
certainly not on Windows, I am hoping that somebody else will do the
necessary Perl module packaging of the existing code. For the most
part, it should be straightforward, but technical and I am happy to
help.  But it is not my highest priority.

Since you are on Windows, I would think about using DCOM and
not worrying about linking issues, etc. Using the notion of
a collection of  R functions as a DCOM server (that does not force the
client to use the R language & syntax), you can build clean, language
neutral systems.

 D.