[R] RE xcel Macro Mode

livia yn19832 at msn.com
Fri Nov 9 17:43:33 CET 2007

Hi everyone, I would like to write VBA macros for accessing R and it is my
first attempt. I really could use some help here.

I am trying to use the following code to read data from Access. The R code
between "" is correct as I successfully run it from R, but when I call it
using VBA, it comes out the error message "Compile error Syntax error"

Call RInterface.RRun("mdbConnect <-
odbcConnectAccess("//c/users/Shared/data.mdb")")

If I would like to run a function , is the following codes correct?

Call RInterface.RRun("quareturn <- function(x){
                          ...{
                           }
                          }")

Could anyone give me some advice?