[R] (no subject)

Birgit Lemcke birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Mon Nov 12 13:26:55 CET 2007

Hello members of the mailinglist!

I am running R 2.6.0 GUI 1.21 (4815) (4815) on a PPC with Mac OS X 10.4.

I just tried to use the R commander.
I followed these instructions:

4) Start R (e.g. double-click the R icon in /Applications).
5) Start X11 (e.g. click the X11 button on the R Console or double-
click the X11 icon in /Applications/Utilities).
6) Close the X11 terminal (optional).
7) Type library(Rcmdr) in the R Console and press Return.

X11 started and also the Rcmdr window opened, but I got this messsages:

Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : objekt ".__M__coerce" nicht
gefunden #not found
Error : .onAttach in 'attachNamespace' fehlgeschlagen #failed
Fehler: Laden von Paket/Namensraum für 'Rcmdr' fehlgeschlagen
#Error: Loading of Paket/Namensraum for Rcmdr failed
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : objekt ".__M__coerce" nicht
gefunden #not found
Error in get(x, envir = RcmdrEnv(), mode = mode, inherits = FALSE) :
   Variable "messagesWindow" nicht gefunden
   #variable "messagesWindow" not found

When I tried to load the Prestige dataset from the car package I got
this:

Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : objekt ".__M__coerce" nicht
gefunden

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Birgit Lemcke