[R] Yet Another Image Format: tikz/pgf

Scionforbai scionforbai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:03:53 CET 2007

Hello R-gurus,

my research on archives gave on only result for the following query:
is there a way to output images (graphs) in not-buggy pgf or tikz
format?

I only know the rgl package to do that, but pgf output is buggy (say,
I did't find the way to compile into a latex article the pgfpicture
resulted from the ?rgl.postscript example, nor other graphs of mine).

I need a simple and quick way to include latex text in the images I
plot with R, and in my (very humble) opinion this could be (simply?)
achieved using formats as pgf (including higher-level TikZ language)
or asymptote (http://asymptote.sourceforge.net).
Is there any way to use pgf or tikz right now?

(Right now, for sake of knowledge, I export in xfig format and from
xfig I export in ps+latex, than to convert to pdf I use a small tex
driver. Not very simple to use... and doesn't work for big/complicated
pictures like maps).

ScionForbai