[R] Moving to a Mac environment - quick question

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 07:30:55 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, David Kaplan wrote:

>   Hi all,
>   I'm moving to a Mac platform and have installed R and all seems fine.
>   My  question  concerns moving my R objects over.  On my pc, which file
>   contains my R objects and once I copy that, where do I copy it within the
>   Mac?

It is the .RData file in the R working directory.  Use getwd() in an R
session to see where that is.  (That applies whatever OS 'my pc' runs.)

You put it in the working directory on the Mac.  Same advice to find what
it is (I use command-line R on the Mac, but presume you mean for the GUI
console).

Please use R-sig-mac for Mac questions (in the future, not that this is
one).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk