[R] not R question : alternative to logistic regression

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Thu Nov 15 21:03:52 CET 2007

I was just curious if anyone knew of an alternative model to logistic regression where the probabilities seems pretty linear to the predictor rather than having that S shape that probit and logit assume.

Maybe there is there some kind of other GLM that could accomplish that. Any textbook references or suggestions
are appreciated. I have most of the texts but if someone knows of a text that talks about this, it
would be helpful because I don't even know of the name
for such a model ( if it exists ) so I don't know where to look.

                                 Thanks