[R] RMySQL installation problem

Tao Shi shitao at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:06:13 CET 2007

Hi List,

I'm running R2.5.1 on WinXP.  Downloaded RMySQL_0.6-0.zip from http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.6/ and the installation seemed fine.  However, when I tried to load the package, the error occured:

> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'RMySQL' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions
> library(RMySQL)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-25~1.1/library/RMySQL/libs/RMySQL.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'

## However, I can see the .dll file is there from window's explorer!!

There was also a pop windows says:

"R Console: Rgui.exe-Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because LIBMYSQL.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I tried the re-installation.  It didn't work. The "DBI" package I have is version 0.2-4, just in case.

thanks,

...Tao