[R] Help with talking to R from Java (on Window)

adschai at optonline.net adschai at optonline.net
Tue Nov 20 03:08:20 CET 2007

Hi - I read through RServe page carefully and it turns out that it's not recommended to use RServe on windows. I have different applications that are calling R to do their own things at the same time. So architecture like R(D)COM or RServe is preferred where I can create a dedicated process for a single application. However, if I have to go with R(D)COM from Java, I'd have to find  Java COM wrapper which I think it lays an extra cost for me. Does anybody know any alternative ways to be able to call R from Java? Thank you.

-adschai