[R] diagonal LDA

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 20 09:33:05 CET 2007

    ac> Thanks for suggestion. the dlda() function in supclust
    ac> only outputs the class prediction without details of the
    ac> model and the posterior probabilities like the lda()
    ac> function in MASS. Is there an equivalent to the lda()
    ac> for diagonal linear discriminant analysis?

"equivalent" probably not;
but when working/testing/... with the maintainer of the
'supclust' package, mentioned below,
I found it useful to add

  dDA()
  diagDA()

to package 'sfsmisc'

--->  install.packages("sfsmisc")
      library(sfsmisc)
      ?diagDA

and that help page mentions that these are just improvements of
earlier code of Sandrine Dudoit and Jane Fridlyand

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich

    ac> Thanks