[R] biplot

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 12:07:32 CET 2007

Also check the asp= parameter in plot.default and plot.window; this sets
the aspect ratio so that 1 unit in x is the same physicla length as 1
unit in y. I don;t know whether it is respeced by your particular
biplot, though.

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 13:51 -0500, Weiwei Shi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how to draw biplot with the same scales on both
plots?
> For example, if the two plots have much different scales, generally
> the two x-y's are scaled so that the two plots are sitting in the
> center automatically. How to disable this?
>
> Thanks

Hi WeiWei

To solve your problem you must use the options xlim, ylim in your
biplot

par(mfrow=c(2,1))
biplot(...,xlim=c(minimun,maximun),ylim=c(minimun,maximun),...)
biplot(...,xlim=c(minimun,maximun),ylim=c(minimun,maximun),...)

--
Bernardo Rangel Tura, M.D,MPH,Ph.D
National Institute of Cardiology