[R] R and reading matlab compressed files

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 20:18:29 CET 2007

According to the Octave manual (page 146 of Edition 3 for Octave
version 2.9.16) Octave can read Matlab version 7 files.  It can also
output with similar options to Matlab.  As there are no issues or
licencing problems when running Octave and R on the one machine.  Note
that there is a new native Windows version of Octave now available
that does not require cygwin.

Best Reards

John