[R] Cluster Analysis:build a classifier?

x_x animaxy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 21:48:11 CET 2007

Dear All,
I'm currently doing a project about unsupervised learning, and I'll be using
R to analyse a few network traffic datasets downloaded off Andrew Moore's
website
(http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/nprobe/data/papers/sigmetrics/index.html).

Could anyone shed some light on how to build a classifier from the training
set A, and then use a validation set B to assess the performance of the
classifier? I'm able to group these datasets into groups using hclust() and
kmeans() etc., but I don't see the connection between the clustered dataset
A and the remaining sets.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Yours sincerely,
x_x