[R] Any useR conference in US in YR2008

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Fri Nov 23 02:13:53 CET 2007

Apropos this issue, the R Foundation has had an offer to host useR 2009
from a European based group rather than a North American based one.  My
understanding is that no decision has yet been taken, though.  If other
groups had an interest in hosting useR 2009, it might not be a bad idea
to register that interest fairly soon.

There was a suggestion that alternating between the North America and
Europe would be a good idea, but I don't know if this is a cosy
understanding of what would be nice, or a reasonably firm policy
decision.  (I'm also not sure in which camp little places like Brazil,
New Zealand, Australia, Japan, China, India, ..., would fit in this
rather occidental view of the world, too.  :-)

Bill Venables.

Bill Venables
CSIRO Laboratories
PO Box 120, Cleveland, 4163
AUSTRALIA
Office Phone (email preferred): +61 7 3826 7251
Fax (if absolutely necessary):  +61 7 3826 7304
Mobile:                         +61 4 8819 4402
Home Phone:                     +61 7 3286 7700
mailto:Bill.Venables at csiro.au
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/bill.venables/